Days Hours Minutes Seconds
Why Be a Democracy Defender?
Becoming a nonpartisan Democracy Defender will help make sure as few Arizonans as possible have issues voting. Having well-trained poll workers and volunteers can be the difference between someone’s ability to vote or being denied their rights.
Many poll workers are over 60 years old and at higher risk of contracting COVID-19. We need a new, young generation of poll workers and volunteers to get trained to help their community vote.
We’re recruiting, training, and deploying volunteers to detect voter issues, support voters, and quickly course correct so no one is denied the ability to vote. Text VOLUNTEER to 59271.
What can I do?
Volunteers can participate in any way they feel safe — online or in-person:
- get-out-the-hotline outreach: Help us call and text voters before Election Day so they have the voter help hotlines. You can help from the comfort of your home.
- poll worker: The Secretary of State is recruiting and training volunteers to work polling locations. Help us make sure every polling place is fully staffed. Click here to sign up →
- poll monitor: Be the Election Protection eyes and ears for a polling place and solve voter issues. We’ll get you trained!
- roving poll monitor: Help us respond to voter issues, cover more area, and confirm hotline reports from your car.
- social media monitor: Monitor social media for voter issues or misinformation, report, and help us get out the hotline numbers and accurate voter info.
- sign captain: Help us get hotline number signs up at your local polling places and make sure it’s easy to find and accessible.
How do I join?
Becoming a Democracy Defender is easy. Either text VOLUNTEER to 59271 to get trained or sign up below. The training starts with a one hour Zoom meeting where you’ll decide on a role, and paired with an organizer who’ll make sure you have everything you need. Then, we’ll get you to a short training for your role.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We’re Arizonan’s protecting each others’ right to vote.
Become a Democracy Defender →